Welcome back! If you are just joining us, we are using the YouVersion Bible App to follow a devotional together. Read THIS POST to get all the information you need to join in and then you can read THIS MORNING'S POST to see the promises we are focusing on this week.
DId you get a chance to spend some time with this week's promises. I read them over and over and had such a hard time deciding which one stood out to me the most. Each one is so fantastic but the promise I am claiming this week is....
I will protect you when you're under attack. Psalm 9:9
It's been a cruddy week around these parts and I'm definitely feeling under attack. It actually started last week with Micah picking up some type of sinus bug that left him feeling like a leaky faucet day after day. Then one of the little boys started running a fever a broke into a rash. We've dealt with those virus strains before and knew to just let it run it's course.
On Monday I started feeling off as the day was winding down and sure enough I woke up on Tuesday with a sore throat, achy neck, and the chills... or hot flashes... depended on the moment. But mostly chills. I mostly made it through the day but my attitude was not what I would call pleasant. I felt terrible for the kids because I had no patience for the noise that five kids make, even if they are speaking at normal volumes. I hid from them most of the afternoon and only emerged if I was actually needed. They didn't need to be exposed to my bad mood.
Wednesday came and I still felt terrible so Micah stayed home to help me out. I lived on some ice cream since everything else did not want to go down my throat. Nothing tasted right. I didn't have a post ready to go for Three Word Wednesday so I was beating myself up about not being more prepared. The thoughts about just quitting the blog even ran through my mom. Clearly not what I want to do, but attacks happen and know exactly where to get you.
And here comes Thursday. I'm still not okay and now Micah is in bed with the same thing. He had finally kicked the sinus thing and then gets this. I'm really feeling like we need a third adult in this house today. Making myself walk to the car to drop off and pick up the big kids was more effort than I wanted to expend today. And I have MOPS tonight. Thankfully I have an awesome team that will pick up my slack or we are all casual enough that some stuff can just be dropped without issue.
So feeling attacked? Yes, definitely feeling attacked this week. But I can also feel God's presence here during the attack.
- Our older kids are praying for healing and being helpful when we need them to do things we would normally do.
- After realizing there was no way I was going to get a post written for Wednesday and that I was being a terrible blogger (ugh, stupid attacker) I took a moment, talked to God, and found peace. I needed rest and sitting at the computer was not going to be restful yesterday. The headache that plagued me yesterday is gone today making staring at a screen for writing no problem.
- The little boys are sleeping through the night so we can get the full nights sleep we need to heal and return to full health.
- We have more than enough food in the fridge for the kids to live on leftovers for a few meals meaning that we aren't using energy on prepping all sorts of food. And the couple meals we did cook this week were super simple with little work involved.
- A job that allows Micah so much wiggle room in his schedule and such a generous sick leave policy. I could have powered through yesterday but I'm glad I didn't need to do it alone. And I'm so thankful that he can be home today resting when he needs it as well.
While we aren't healed yet, I know healing is coming. We have plans to visit the walk in clinic if it isn't getting better by tomorrow. We have lots of juice, ice cream, and popsicles to soothe our sore throats. And most of all, we have a God that cares for us and protects us in our times of need.
Heavenly Father, I thank you for your protection and presence during times of trouble. I thank you that you will never leave or forsake those who love you. I pray, Lord, for anyone feeling oppressed right now, anyone feeling attacked, anyone facing trouble, that your peace would surround them and comfort them. In Jesus name, Amen.
What promise stood out to you this week? Is there a promise you need more faith to claim for your life?